Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Playroom Window Makeover


Our kids playroom window is really big and gives the room great light. But, at certain times of the day it can be a real pain because of the glare, especially now in the winter when the sun is lower in the sky. I have not had a shade of any kind on the window to this point because I just could not decide on what I liked. 


I finally bit the bullet and made two sheer panels from some lightweight fabric that my grandmother had left over. These panels were really easy and quick to create, well quick once I got my sewing machine working correctly, the tension was incorrect and it kept catching. 


To create these, cut the fabric to the right size, sew hems on all sides to get a finished look and use curtain clips to hang the panels.


Now we can enjoy the playroom all afternoon, without being blinded by the sun.





Advertising Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment