Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Easy Kid Craft Ornaments

All over Pinterest I have seen people filling clear ornaments to make quick personal ornaments for their Christmas trees, so I thought I would try it myself. Many people out there have used glass ornamental balls, I decided to use plastic so it would be safe for my 3 year old.


This project didn't cost me anything because I had bought a package of ornaments a few years ago for a project that I did not get to and to fill the ornaments I used craft supplies I already had. I believe I bought this package at some place like A.C. Moore a few years ago for a couple of bucks.


For our ornaments we used pompoms, ribbon, jingle bells, feathers, colorful beads, fake pearls and star ribbon. I also used sparkly pipe cleaners to create the hanging element.


My 3 year old daughter loved creating these because she could pretty much do it by herself. I did hold a funnel for her when she was filling the beaded ornaments, this made sure that none of the beads ended up on the floor.


This is one of those projects that you could do every year and it would always be different. I also think this would make for a great kids craft for a Christmas Party or Holiday Cookie Exchange.


No comments:

Post a Comment