Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Muppet Themed Birthday Party

This year my daughter wanted a Muppet themed birthday party, this was easier said than done. Even though the Muppets have made a return, back from the 80s, there really isn't any Muppet birthday themed merchandise. At the time of my daughters birthday I was on bed-rest so I enlisted my Mom to help me out creating Muppet themed decor.



We started out by buying some rainbow and green napkins, table clothes and Happy Birthday sign from The Party Store. Searched Pinterest for DIY ideas and did not come up with much, I guess it was all up to me. I found some free coloring pages and enlarged them on my scanner/printer. We, including my daughter, colored these pages and cut them out to use on the wall. We also used my daughters' Muppet stuffed animals to hold the balloons.



For the cake I found a great tutorial for creating  kids characters on cakes at Brass Tacks and Basics . I used this tutorial to create Kermit and Piggy on the cake. I tried to create the lettering with this technique but it did not work, I am not good at righting with icing. My daughter had a great time at her birthday party.


No comments:

Post a Comment