Thursday, January 16, 2014

**SAFETY UPDATE** Cedar Chest Turned Outdoor Toy Chest

**After hearing about a recent tragedy where two children got trapped in a chest like this one and died, I wanted to make sure that anyone taking on this project to be aware of the dangers and take the right precautions so that this does not happen again. When transforming a chest like this make sure that you REMOVE THE LOCKING MECHANISM, this will allow for the chest to be opened from the inside out.**


When we bought my great-aunts house we ended up with lots of extra furniture. Some of it we gave away to other family members and others we have been slowly revamping and using in our house. This week my Mom and I tackled another piece, an old cedar chest slightly damaged was transformed into a outdoor toy chest for all my daughter's toys.

Before:



After:





For this revamp I used green exterior paint that I had already bought for another project so this project cost me $0.00 and about 1 1/2 hrs.

1 comment: